Monday 1 July 2013

A well overdue update.


I am currently on mid-year break as I write this update and I have been reflecting a lot on my time so far this year in Melbourne and I think it only fair that you can have a glimpse into my life.

Ministry:

The bulk of our ministry in Melbourne is working with young adults, which at first was a VERY daunting thing for me, I'm only just 19 and the people we work with the most are around 25. I have been very intimidated by this reality but now after a few months I can also see that it is an awesome opportunity because it means we can have awesome in depth discussions, bounce ideas of each other and I get the chance to learn so much more than I would otherwise.

We have done a lot of prep work for World Youth Day, the only downside is we don't actually get to go. We have helped form all the leaders, meet all the pilgrims and heard all of the logistics. But alas.

We get go to something called 'Cultur-ED Cafe' which is where guest speakers come in and share / are interviewed and we all have a meal together.

We go to the Holy Hour at the Melbourne Cathedral and now I play guitar and some other team members sing and together we do the music there once a month.

We have done some school ministry also; we've encountered about 2000 people (I think) from running retreats and going to youth groups.

In terms of being a tourist in a big city I have a blast. Melbourne is a VERY cool city and our house is in a fabulous location, about a 15 minute tram ride from the city and we have a tram stop right outside our house. My highlights from being a tourist have been getting to go to an AFL game at the MCG, we also went to international laughter day at Federation Square in the city and one of my team sisters was dubbed best female laugher in Victoria, quite the achievement. I am definitely looking forward to exploring the city a lot more when we get back.

In a few days I'll be heading back to Brisbane for mid-year training, which I have no doubt will be an awesome experience and then back to Melbourne!

Until next time my friends.

AMDG




No comments:

Post a Comment